Re: Installing Oracle8 with Oracle7

From: Randall J. Parr <rparr_at_temporal.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:29:12 -0600

Mark Rewald wrote:

> Is it possible (or recommended) to install Oracle8 on a server that has
> Oracle7 already on it? I tried doing this but stopped when Oracle8 Install
> said it was gonna shut down some processes. Thought it be wiser to ask you
> Oracle gurus out there.
>
> Mark

I belive if you have installed according to the "OFA" standards for directory layout, etc. that you are SUPPOSED to be able to install new version in parallel.

I installed my Unix based 7.3.4 per OFA but I haven't yet tested installing a 8.x version next to it.

I to would be interested in confirmation that this did or did not work (or was or was not a good idea).

R.Parr
Temporal Arts Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 17:29:12 CST