Re: sqlldr and delimited files

From: Kumar, Sai (EXCHANGE:PERPK:3374) <saikumar_at_nortel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:14:14 -0500

Eric Gundesvan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a comma delimited file with 12 fields. I need to load fields 1,2,3,
> 9 and 10 into a table. Is there
> a way to tell sqlldr to skip over fields 4-8? I guess my question is how do
> I tell sqlldr to selectively load
> certain fields in a non-sequential order?
>
> Thanks.
>
> *** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Eric,

I assume the columns in the datafile that u are trying to load have uniform length. In that case, here is an example :-

load data infile
abc.dat
append into temp
fields terminated by ','
(field1 position (01:08) char,
 field2 position (09:17) char,
 field3 position (18:25) char,
 field9 position (50:55) char,
 field10 position (56:60) char)

What I am trying to say is , specify the position of the fields that u are trying to load and that way u could eliminate the non-specified fields from getting loaded
in to the database.

Thanks
Sai Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 13:14:14 CST