Oracle-Web Integration Newbie...

From: Steven Parker <sparker_at_wash.inmet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:29:26 GMT

Hi,

I have just installed Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux. I want to access the database via the WebServer, Apache. I had planned on using CGI PERL scripts with ODBC connections, but Oracle does not have an ODBC driver for Linux....

So, I guess some choices are Application Server, Web Application Server....

I want to use Apache as my webserver, so does anybody have any ideas of how I can access the database via the Web while keeping Apache as my webserver? Are there any PERL modules, ect that will allow me to make CGI scripts to connect to the database?

Any help in this matter is much appreciated. I am new to Oracle....

Thanks,

Steve Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 12:29:26 CST