Server Manager in Oracle 8.0.5/Solaris ???

From: Matthias Wipf <wipf_at_fzi.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:21:10 +0100

Hi,

I'm in the process of installing Oracle 8.0.5 under Solaris (we have NOT the enterprise edition). Under Oracle 7.3.2 I used the motif version of the server manager (svrmgrm) for administration of the system. But where is this tool under Oracle 8.0.5???
I searched everywhere and looked in the documentation but all I could find was the command line version svrmgrl, which is not very comfortable.
Looks like there is no GUI administration tool under Oracle 8.0.5 for Solaris.
Do I have to install the Windows NT client and use Oracle Enterprise Manager or is there a better solution?
Is svrmgrm included in the Enterprise version?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Matt
--

| Matthias Wipf e-mail: wipf_at_fzi.de |
| Forschungszentrum Informatik Comp. Science Res. Center (FZI) |