Help -- getting 0RA-2019 error with db_link

From: Carl DiPasquale <cdipasqu_at_visteon.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:33:55 -0500

Help requested please!

We have been getting an ora-2019 error trying to select from or describe a remote table when using sqlplus. We are trying to connect to the remote db using a newly created db_link that identifies the location of the table.

We are able to see the remote object if we append the db_domain string to the db_link, but we get the 2019 error if we just use the db_link by itself. Our global_names parameter is set to FALSE and our db_domain parameter is set to our domain format: xyz.company.com.

Our db_link is on an 8.0.5 version and we are attempting to link to a 7.2.2.3 version. We are on HP-UX 10.2 and using sqlplus through a shell window. (No PC's involved). Your advise is appreciated!

Carl DiPasquale
Oracle DBA Received on Tue Mar 16 1999 - 11:33:55 CST