Re: RAW vs JFS with Oracle 8.0.5 and AIX

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:16:50 -0000

Can't tell you about AIX specifically, but on HP-UX 10.20 I have found JFS performance to be pretty close to raw performance if the direct I/O option is installed.

The only special handling you might want to consider is if using the Parallel Query Option, where you might want to set up your temporary tablespace as several smaller files rather than a single large file to avoid inode contention between concurrent processes.

--

Jonathan Lewis