ORA-1555 snapshot to old

From: <JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:23:42 GMT

We sometiomes get ORA-1555 snapshot too old. The database has a size of about 100 GB. We increased the number of rollback segments to 40. Now they have the following storage definition: 1 - 10: (initial 4M next 4M optimal 8M

minextents 2 maxextents 250) 11 - 40: (initial 1M  next 4M optimal 8M
minextents 2 maxextents 250) system:  (initial 50K next 1M optimal 8M
minextents 2 maxextents 300). PSAPROLL was increased to 1400 MB. We sometimes
get ORA-1555 in a job, running only 20 minutes. We do NOT get ORA-1628 (max extents reached) or ORA-1562 (TS full). The job selects only about 3600 rows. This job runs every workday at the same time, the error occcurs only sometimes. The error occurs since we implemented HR. The job starts (and ends) while the full online backup is running. Has anyone an idea, what we can do? If you answer, please notify me by e-mail (JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de)