database link problem in oracle 8

From: <kvsraju_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 05:58:30 GMT

Hi,
Here i have a problem with DATABASE LINK i have my database in machine name "COM-SERVER" my client is in machine name "c-296"
and another personnel oracle database in machine name "c-318"

Now
i am able to connect database "oracle" in "COM-SERVER" machine using an alias from c-296.

i am able to connect database "oracle" in "c-318" machine using an alias from c- 296.

but when i try to access the table in c-318 database from "com-sever" database through machine c-296 using

select * from accounts_at_rdlk;

it is giving an error saying
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

i am able to connect to that database using an alias but i am not able to access object using the database link WHY?

Thanx in Advance

kvsraju