IRIX, can oracle executables be linked using gcc?

From: Scott Douglass <scott_at_spacepirates.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:59:53 GMT

I've got Oracle 7 Workgroup Server, and need to have it installed on an SGI system running IRIX6.5. I do not have SGI's development option, but I do have a fully functional gcc (as all headers, assembler, linker, etc are included with IRIX 6.5). I know it works because I've used it to compile ssh2, samba, and other goodies.

Is it possible to get the Oracle executables to re-link using gcc and the IRIX6.5 headers and tools?

I've set the environment variable SGI_ABI = -32

I've tried editing the various makefiles but I seem always to get messages like this:

ERROR: cannot mix -o32 abi with -n32 abi

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Scott Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 22:59:53 CST