Re: Problem with oracle 7.3.4 and NT 4 SP4

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:09:25 -0800

As always, when looking at upgrading the OS, you should check with Support for any RDBMS patches / upgrades that are required. Sybrand is correct, there are several patches for SP4, including for the listener, OAS, and FailSafe that were from memory all related to the TCP/IP changes. There may be others I'm not aware of, so call Support for a complete list.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA