Re: Problem with a READ-ONLY device

From: Serge <rulsl_at_chat.ru>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:49:32 +0300

I wouldn't change status of tablespace to offline. May be this algorithm can help:

>1) I create a tablespace with a only one datafile ( C:\TEMP\MYDATAFILE.ORA,
>about 600 Mb of size ).
>2) I fill the datafile with data. Now I follow Oracle documentation steps
> using Server Manager ):
>

>3) ALTER TABLESPACE "MYTABLESPACE" READ ONLY;

4) alter database shutdown
5) cp <ORIGINAL> to <COPY>
6) startup mount pfile=...
7) alter database rename file <ORIGINAL> to <COPY>;
8) alter database open
9) rm <ORIGINAL>

10) alter database backup controlfile to <BACKUP_VERSION>; -- to keep new configuration with read-only file Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 14:49:32 CST