Re: Beware! the days of Oracle may be numbered

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:31:02 GMT

In article <dV7H2.4327$A6.2705822_at_news1.teleport.com>,   "Jim Kennedy" <Jim_Kennedy_at_MedicaLogic.com> wrote:
> Yes, wasn't it a couple of California newspapers and also paying people to
> write letters to the editor. If the product isn't good enough that people
> want to write letters to the editor unprodded I guess you have to have a
> financial incentive.
>
> Jim
>
> Patrick Flahan wrote in message <7cevsi$fe7$1_at_ash.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
> >Could this be a person trying to start rumors on the Internet about the
> >downfall of Oracle. Didn't Microsoft do things like that in the past to
> >hurt the competition?
> >

> >John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com> wrote in message
> >>What a bizarre comment!
> >>
> >>Oracle's total revenues rose 19% over last year. The database revenues
> rose
> >10%.
> >>
> >>The only drop was on Wall Street because the 'analysts' had guessed an
> even
> >higher
> >>gain.

> >happened to

> >have'

Microsoft even tried to organize grassroots campaign for them not being a monopoly. It was a spectacular "shoot yourself in a foot" type of thing. They are at it again. I'll post this discussion on the Slashdot with my personal comments to unmask the methods that MS propagandists are using.
Mladen Gogala