Export problem.

From: Peter Lipczak <spadille_at_post4.tele.dk>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:25:53 +0100

Could anyone please help with the following problem:

 I'm trying to export som tables from an oracle 8 server in version 7 format. The Manual says that I should use an Version 7 export utiltiy and that I should run the script catexp7.sql. I have installed exp73.exe from the client installation and when I try to connect to the Oracle 8 database (NET 8) i get an ORA-12154 /EXP-00222 error. The command line is exp73 user/password_at_service.
If I use exp80 I connect/export without any problems. I have also checked that the TNSnames.ora file are the same on the client and the server.

I have the following configuration:

  1 Novell 4.10 server running Oracle 8.0.3.0.8   NT 4 Workstation connecting to Oracle 8 using SPX.

Any help would be appreciated..

Peter Lipczak
Spadille ApS
Head of DM & IT
mailto: pl_at_spadille.dk Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 10:25:53 CST