Re: Beware! the days of Oracle may be numbered

From: Jay Walters <jwalters_at_computer.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:57:28 -0500

So is your contention that Microsoft has a revolutionary product, ala DB2 vs IDMS; a new metaphor, ala Client/Server vs Mainframe? Are you saying we would all be happier as SQL Server developers? That we'd make more money doing it? That we should all buy Microsoft stock?

No, I think what you are saying is that any vendor which controls the O/S can leverage other products into their customer base. This is true. We all know about IBM and how they controlled the glass house. Microsoft has taken their place, remember cc:Mail? This is all old news.

Why don't you tell us something useful, or quit wasting bandwidth. We are all busy trying to get work done...