Re: 8i ships but not for NT

From: Jay Walters <jwalters_at_computer.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:33:20 -0500

ORACLE is the market leader (at least in their own mind) on Windows NT. How many companies in that position, especially when viewed in the context of the rivalry (in Larry's mind) between Larry Ellison/ORACLE and Bill Gates/Microsoft.

ORACLE engages in parallel development on Windows NT and Solaris, other platforms are ports of that code. This doesn't mean that both development paths complete at the same time, or that things work out in the same amount of time on both platforms.