oracle8-mts on linux5.3

From: Georg Hirber <ghirber_at_se-nord.provinz.bz.it>
Date: 15 Mar 1999 12:00:28 GMT

Hello people,
I have problems with the multithreated server on Linux. Without MTS I can work perfectly with the database/instance/listener.

I configured my init.ora as described in the manual. But if I use mts_dispatchers="(PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=3)" there are errors starting the instance:
ORA-00101: invalid specification for system parameter MTS_DISPATCHERS ORA-00102: network protocol (ADDRESS=(PARTIAL=YES)(PROTOCOL=TCP))

Then I tried to comment this line and to write it directly in the servermanager with open instance. I had fllowing error: alter system set mts_dispatchers ='(PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=3)'; ORA-00105: dispatching mechanism not configured for network protocol (ADDRESS=(P
ARTIAL=YES)(PROTOCOL=TCP)) Can someone help me ?

Thanks, Georg Hirber. Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 06:00:28 CST