Q: How to insert data in a LONG RAW column?

From: Horst Naujoks <hnaujoks_at_iface.ch>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:58:42 +0100

Hi,

I've encountered a problem with the LONG RAW data type. When I want insert data into a LONG RAW column with an SQL statement like
"insert into table values (1,1,'FFAACF...')" I get an error that the string literal is too long. The oracle documentations says only that the

value for a LONG RAW has to be hex coded. The error says that a string literal has a limited size up to 2000 character. So, how can I insert data without this restriction in a field that can hold
up to 2 MB?

I'm developing under Solaris 2.6, Oracle 8.05 and IBM Visualage for Smalltalk.

Thanks in advance.

Horst Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 02:58:42 CST