OPS 7.3/8 Backup software

From: <ak494_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:50:16 GMT

OPS gurus,

       Hi ! I had a question. For Oracle Parallel  Server 7.3 /8 on UNIX what software do you'll use for backup ? What are the PROS & CONS OF EACH? We use SQL BAcktrack for backup on AIX 4.2/4.3.  This co. BMC sold it us as a tool for OPS , but it hasnt lived up to its name. It has saved us several  hours & tapes for backup , but recovery was always  a nightmare. Once we had 11 datafiles which needed recovery and after recovering 1 datafile it would delete all the archived redo logs it got from the tape server. We had several other issues without satisfactory resolution from BMC.

Thanks
Raja