Re: 8.0.5 Installation problem on Suse Linux 6.0 (-ltcl)

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_nospam.richard-schneider.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:37:00 +0100

Hello Joerg,

Joerg Sauer wrote:

> /usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -ltcl: No such file or directory
>
> (details at the end)
>
> I first installed everything except Oracle Intelligent Agent, as
> recommended by Suse. Then I applied the Suse opatch for Suse 6.0.
> During the following installation of Oracle Intelligent Agent I get
> the error message (at the end of this posting)

I am using Oracle on SuSE 6.0 too and had no problem relinking the binaries. I even did not apply any patches, since I believe they are unnecessay in SuSE 6. I just assume that you should make sure to have installed a valid Tcl/Tk package included on your SuSE CDs. Afterwards you should check for a link of /usr/lib/libtcl8.0.so to /usr/lib/libtcl.so.

Uwe

--

Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de

Linux - OS al dente! Received on Sun Mar 14 1999 - 07:37:00 CST