Connecting Personal Oracle 8 and Forms 4.5

From: Martin Skeffington <skeffo_at_wantree.com.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 15:10:46 +0800

Hello

I am attempting to connect to Personal Oracle 8 from Forms 4.5 on a Windows 95 machine. I am able to connect through Sql*Plus 8 to the local instance of the PO8 database by simply using system/manager and no connect string. However when attempting to connect to PO8 with Sql*Plus 3.3 or Forms 4.5 my the software locks and doesn't return an error message. I installed Personal Oracle 8 first then Develeper 2.1, then Developer 1.6. Are there some registry settings that need changing or somesuch? Any hints would be appreciated.

Martin
skeffo_at_wantree.com.au Received on Sun Mar 14 1999 - 01:10:46 CST