Re: Beware! the days of Oracle may be numbered

From: KeyStroke (Jack L. Swayze Sr.) <KeyStrk_at_Feist.Com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 23:06:52 -0600

No, I do not have any interest in MS. I hold no MS stock, nor (as it has been suggested) am I shorting Oracle stock. Nor do I work for MS.

I am just being more fair to those who advocate Oracle than those who advocate Oracle were to me. When Oracle came along and displaced me from my position, no one told me that was the way things went in the DBMS world.

But now I can rest assured that I have done my best to give fair warning to my competition, and I can go on and dive into learning MS SQl server 7 without guilt that I am doing to those who did to me.

In fairness, have done what is honest and given disclosure of my intentions to my competition. I will now be able watch former Oracle DBAs come into the shop, having to learn MS SQL server 7 and play catch-up with a clear conscience.

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> This is a typical fearmongering Microsoft propaganda! When they couldn't
> have spread the good word about their database by using technical comparison,
> they are now trying to scare people into buying SQL7.

As I have indicated in earlier posts - it isn't who has the better product.