Re: Temp table in Oracle

From: St Erroneous <Xishamael_at_erroneous.demon.co.ukX>
Date: 13 Mar 1999 16:27:29 -0000

lamtse <lamtse_at_ims06.netvigator.com> seems to write:
>In Sybase, we can create temp tables in stored procedures just as
>creating normal tables. These temp tables will be automatically
>removed when the stored procedure ends.

Temporary tables - that live for the lifetime of a transaction, or for the lifetime of the session - are a feature of Oracle8i.

They've not done it quite right - the temporary table is visible to other users - but the _contents_ are hidden and transitory, which is the important bit.

-michael
--
St michael (mainly) Erroneous http://www.erroneous.demon.co.uk/ "It's ok to be bitter and twisted,
 Provided you don't mind leaving a nasty taste in your own mouth." Received on Sat Mar 13 1999 - 10:27:29 CST