Temp table in Oracle

From: lamtse <lamtse_at_ims06.netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:10:43 +0800

Dear Oracle users,

    I am a new convert from Sybase to Oracle. I have the following question about Oracle and hope someone can help me out.

    In Sybase, we can create temp tables in stored procedures just as creating normal tables. These temp tables will be automatically removed when the stored procedure ends. The nice thing of these temp tables is that we can insert anything into them and select from them in the stored procedure as all other normal tables. In Oracle, is there anything similar to Sybase's temp table? I know that there are something called VARRAY and NESTED TABLE in Oracle but I don't find any way to use them as other normal tables as I cannot select from them using the SELECT statement. For example, I can SELECT INTO a TEMP table and work on it later but cannot SELECT INTO a NESTED table in Oracle. Please kindly give me your precious advice. Thanks in advance.

D. Lam Received on Sat Mar 13 1999 - 04:10:43 CST