Re: Can anyone relate any experiences using Legato with Oracle?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.n-o-s-p-a-m.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:51:38 +0000

So far I've just used it with Oracle8 and RMAN. Maintains about 8.5MB/s to an attached DLT tape. I've run various backup/restores and it seems to run well.

The 'free' version with Oracle8 will also backup file system files, but you have to pick up the Legato Manuals off their site to figure out how to do this on UNIX (save, savegrp, nwbackup, nwrestore commands). However I don't think this is 'supported', it just works.

Tape libraries are also not supported in the trail version. Scheduling too isn't supported, but you can use a shell or Perl script via cron for this - that's what I've done.

We are planning on moving to a DLT library and the full Networker Legato product next week for approx. 1TB of Oracle8 backup.

Steve Phelan.