Re: Orphaned Row Locks

From: Denny Koovakattu <denny_vk_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:07:07 GMT

Thomas,

Dead connection detection will work if the client ( assuming it's a PC running Windows ) shuts off the machine. If only the session is terminated abnormally and Windows is still running, I believe it doesn't work. Is this a bug or a problem with any specific version of sqlnet ? I can't check it now as I had this problem at my previous job.

Denny