NES as an external listener to OAS

From: <stepien_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:10:31 GMT

I've just configured my Netscape-Enterprise/3.5.1 B98.027.0752 as an external listener to the Oracle Application Server 4.0.6. Most of the problems were solved or worked-around (including incorrect permissions, wrong LD_LIBRARAY_PATHs and so on), but finally after all, the NES serves few requests and dies because of the SEGV:

# ./start

Netscape-Enterprise/3.5.1 B98.027.0752
startup: listening to http://pss01.krakow.tpg.pl, port 82 as nobody
# server terminated: signal 11
#

The NES error log contains following warnings:

warning: Netscape executable and shared library have different versions
warning:    executable version is Netscape-Enterprise/3.5.1
warning:    shared library version is 98.027.0752

As I already said, I had to solve some LD_LIBRARY_PATH problems, because after automatic configuration made by OAS nothing worked. The libsjboot.sa library couldn't be loaded:

# ./start

conf_init: Error running init function(late) load-modules: dlopen of /oracle/netscape/plugins/java/bin/libsjboot.so failed (ld.so.1: ns-httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/oracle/netscape/plugins/java/bin/libsjboot.so: symbol zl_nodl_tab: referenced symbol not found)
server exit: status 1
#

I supporse that the incorrect version of libraries supplied with the OAS cause the instability of the NES, which worked perfectly before the integration. Damn, the Oracle Application Server 4.0.6 documentation claims that Netscape Enterprise Server 3.51 is certified software to use. Maybe anyone knows how to patch either OAS or NES, or how to work-around this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Bogdan Stepien
mailto:stepien_at_tpg.pl