Re: Install-Error Oracle 8.0.5 / SuSE-Linux 6

From: Martin Braun <Martin.Braun_at_bk.bosch.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:25:34 GMT

doc:
>Probably, it's a installer's bug. I saw the same problem on HP-UX
>(fortunately fixed by patch).

Stefan:
>Have a look in the corresponding directory if the file exists. Maybe you
>have to make
>a link for sh to /usr/bin.

jacob:
>just create the directory (logged in as oracle user) and let the
>installation continue!!

It seemed the mentioned error message was only a warning. I was missing a correct gcc-installation (package gccfront of SuSE6.0, series d) in concrete the 'cc' itself.

Nevertheless created a directory get_platform and the script ran to its end.
Further problems could be handled thanks to

S.u.S.E.-support:
http://turing.suse.de/support/sdb/fehr_oracle_2.html

and

http://www.heise.de/ix/artikel/E/1998/12/070/

and

Newsgroup: es.comp.os.linux / thread: ORACLE + LINUX (1999/02/02)

Thank you all for your help.
Martin

My question was :