Re: What exactly is writen in the logs.

From: Simmo <famine_at_death.iinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:35:22 +0800

> Just in case we've confused you all totally, my take on this was covering normal startup,
> Tom's is covering where we've lost the rollback segment tablespace. Both are equally
> valid, Tom's is more along the lines of what the original poster was asking.
>
> Pete

Actually the answer to my question is it stores byte changes not the blocks the byte change was in to the redo logs. But everything else was a bonus ... and hey I understand most of it, infact I find it easier to understand than saying it writes the before and after image. Thanks Tom, much appreciated.

Regards

Paul Simmons
--
Once upon a time . . .

      . . . their souls shall last for eternity Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 19:35:22 CST