Re: MAXDATAFILES - How to tell what files constitute this?

From: Oracleguru, Suresh Bhat <oracleguru_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:26:05 GMT

Hi

Another way not to hit the limit is to use the following to RESIZE the existing datafiles as needed:

alter database datafile '/r1/PROD/file1' resize 800M;

HTH Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oracleguru_at_mailcity.com

Tom A <tashbrk_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <7c4riu$ivu_at_dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>...
> The parameter MAXDATAFILES that is defined at database creation and in
part
> determines how large the controlfile, PGA, etc.. is easy enough to
> understand.
>
> My question is what files make up the number that goes towards
MAXDATAFILES