Re: Linux Client with NT Server

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_nospam.richard-schneider.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:02:44 +0100

Hello,

> I've been trying to get a Linux client (8.0.5) to talk to an Oracle 8
> database on an NT machine, and am running into an a bit of a snag. 'lsnrctl
> status' finds the database w/o a problem. However, when I set the TWO_TASK
> environment variable and try to connect with svrmgrl, I get the following
> error message:

I am using Linux clients and servers too but I was never tempted to call lsnrctl for client purposes but to administer servers locally.

Typical client tools are sqlplus or tnsping for testing the reachability of a Oracle server.

Uwe
--

Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de

Linux - OS al dente! Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 15:02:44 CST