Re: Best books on Oracle

From: <sriniv1775_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:42:09 GMT

Hi

I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. Oracle is quite different from Sybase and MS SQL in mnay ways, but it's fun once you get the hang of it.

I found some good documentation on Oracle CD itself. It has a lot of PDF files covering almost everything you wanted. I wish they have a central search database which can search across the PDF files.

Apart from these, there are several good books from O'Reilly and Oracle Press. Look for them on Amazon.com.

Any stuff written by Kevin Loney is good. Rama Velpuri is good too.

Srini.