Re: Orphaned Row Locks

From: Chad Edwards <cedwards_at_infinet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:05:08 GMT

Don't know about "orphans", but I do know that if you have a deadlock..ie 2 locks that are waiting on the other before they will release...the only way to fix it is to shutdown your database and restart it.

According to docs I've read, the best way to keep this from happening is to have your DBA keep a close eye on the locks that are happening.

Chad

Clifford <clifford_at_bang.com> wrote:
: Oracle Version : 7.3
: I have an app that locks rows for updating. Now when this app crashes
: (NT) these locks are still held by oracle so that no-one can update
: said rows until the instances are killed via v$session/Instance
: manager.

: How do i ensure that the row locks are released when the app crashes.

: Thanks :-)

: Cliff
: Which is more important :
: The Country or it's populace?