Re: How do you install a multiple Oracle instance?

From: Kumar, Sai (EXCHANGE:PERPK:3374) <saikumar_at_nortel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:08:15 -0500

liminglu_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> How do you create a multiple instance oracle on Linux?
> We are currently use Oracle8.0.5 and have successfully installed Oracle8 on
> RedHat 5.2.
> For development, we may have to run multiple oracle instances on linux.
> Do we have to create another instance by using installer?
> We could not find any step-by-step guides in Oracle Technology Network.

Hello,

The general method of creating the second instance is :-

  2. Modify the init<newsid>.ora to have appropriate paths for the new instance and the <dbname>.
  3. Modify the path for the control file on the config<newsid>.ora.
  5. change the ORACLE_SID on the environment with the new Instance Name.
  6. svrmgrl connect internal startup nomount Run the scripts to create the new instance.

This works for me on unix o/s. May be this could work  on Linux too.

Good Luck

Thanks
Sai Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 11:08:15 CST