Oracle Replication Manger

From: <noamsela_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:05:38 GMT

Hello, I&#8217;ve been trying to setup a replication between 2 oracle servers. I used the 'notorious' Replication Manger 1.6 that comes with the Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 to setup 2 master sites , master groups , replication objects (scott&#8217;s tables) and experienced no errors what so ever. However, the replication didn&#8217;t work of course.

At some point the master groups showed &#8216;quiesced&#8217; as the status , but then &#8216;Normal&#8217; again, but nothing happened when I updated scott&#8217;s tables in each site.

Some more info :

  1. The interval I used was 15 seconds.
  2. The interval for purging 1 minute.
  3. The database link works fine but I configured it to be public is that a problem?.
  4. I need the multimaster programm and not a master and a snapshot.

What can be the problem?
Thanks in advance.