help:redo logging flooding a disk + redo io size

From: <dallen_at_fns.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 01:25:10 GMT

Please help :

I have an OLTP app that does lots of inserts and updates where lots of columns are changed. When high txn rates are happening it seems like the disk is getting flooded by IO's. I have the database on a dac960pg raid controller. The logs are on their own disk. If I use performance monitor it shows that the disk is doing about 60 I/O per sec and that the av io size is about 8k.

Q1) how can I better handle the io load of the logs Q2) is it possible to make the size of the IO's to the logs larger ?

Thanks in advance