Conflicts between Oracle 8 TNS listener and NT SP4?

From: <kirktrue_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:59:43 GMT

Hi,

Please pardon my ignorance regarding Oracle in general, I'm a newbie.

I just purchased a new NT box and successfully installed both service pack 4 (to fix a problem with Windows not seeing all of my 12.9 GB drive) and Oracle 8. I am able to talk to Oracle from a Java application (using the thin JDBC driver) at work, but not from home. The main difference I see is that at home I've installed SP4. The problem I'm having is that the TNS listener service isn't starting at system boot, and can't be started manually. Therefore my application cannot connect to Oracle anymore from my computer at home.

I've seen a posting talking about Oracle's application server having problems with SP4, but no mention of any other Oracle components with conflicts.

Thanks,
Kirk