Re: HELP. HELP. HELP. Oracle 8 on NT. Can't use TCP/IP from 95 wrkstn

From: Frampton Steve R <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca>
Date: 10 Mar 1999 18:32:55 GMT

sfsniner <smithed_at_home.com> wrote:
: Please Help. Thanks in advance.
:
: I'm using Oracle8 on WindowsNT 4.0.

I think there's your big problem right there. Switch to Linux. (No, really!)

: I can't use TCP/IP as a protocol to network to my server from my
: windows95 wrkstn; orapipes work fine.

I hate to state the obvious, but are you saying *none* of the networking services work from/to your NT box? Have you looked in the networking icon in the control panel and ensure you've configured the system for TCP/IP with the appropriate DNS, gateway, and IP addresses?

--------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >-------------- Steve Frampton <3srf@qlink.queensu.ca> http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf Received on Wed Mar 10 1999 - 12:32:55 CST