Re: An int<SID>.ora for an web-based application?

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:53:45 -0800

David

Simply not enough information available to answer the question. You need to know more about connection numbers, rates, transaction throughput requirements etc. etc. One thing I would suggest is looking at why you're using 8.0.4. There are later releases of 8.0 available for NT.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)

Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA