Oracle and SilverStream

From: Dorian Kunzler <dorian.kunzler_at_dsw.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:58:18 -0700

Greetings all!

    I was wondering if someone might be able to help me or explain to me a problem that we are having with Oracle and SilverStream. Here is the scenario: We have three tables (T1, T2, T3). T1 has a reference (join) to T2. Both T1 and T2 have a reference (join) to T3. I have double checked this in Oracle and it does show that the constraints are in place and enabled. Now, in SilverStream, I bring up the Designer application and go to view the tables in SilverStream. What I get displayed is the Hard reference from T1 to T2, but it doesn't show both of the Hard links from T1 and T2 to T3. It only shows a hard link from T2 to T3. I am not sure if the link is not there because of some internal process in SilverStream that eliminates it, or if their is a problem with the reference in Oracle. Any ideas? You can contact me by email if you wish: dorian.kunzler_at_dsw.com.

Thanks -

    ~-~ Dorian Kunzler ~-~ Received on Tue Mar 09 1999 - 16:58:18 CST