Re: problem wit open cursors in 7.3.3.6.0 on HP 10.20

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 23:12:22 +0100

Hi Wim,

open_cursors is a per process limit. Every individual process can have 50 cursors open if open_cursors equals 50. A cursor will be setup for every individual sql statement. More cursors will be open when there are nested statements (example one loop fetching from a cursor, in the loop a second cursor is open to retrieve from a different table).
It looks like you had to shut because one of the parallel query slaves, a server side process was having problems.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA