diana,di*,diutil and other references in Oracle scripts

From: USER <user_at_host.domain.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 14:18:03 -0500

Hi, Oracle DBAs / Oracle Experts:

What do the di*, diana and related names signify in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin? As I understand it, these are dictionary objects, but I've no idea what thay signify.

Also, I read somewhere that these packages should be pinned in the SGA on instance startup, preferably. Any light you can shed on the origin and significance of these objects will be appreciated.

Regards.

Thanks very much, and have a good day! Received on Tue Mar 09 1999 - 13:18:03 CST