Re: Caching Problem in OPS

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:58:51 -0800

I'm confused by what you ar trying to achieve with the Parallel Server part. If you've installed it on one machine but not the other, you can't use OPS. Are the two machines clustered? Parallel Server is only used in a clustered configuration to access a single database on shared disk from two or more nodes of the cluster. If that's not what you're trying to do, I'd remove OPS from the equation first. You will be taking up unnecessary resources with the DLM if nothing else.

The problem, however, is probably not related to that. We need more information. Is anything else happening on Machine A that would flush the data buffer cache? Are there other users doing things? Are the two machines using different values for things like db_buffer_cache? How are the disks laid out? etc. etc.

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA