Re: Sequence nextval problem

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:16:53 +0100

Maija-Leena Kangasmäki wrote
>If you want to avoid this I think you should
>create your sequence with no cache option.

True.

Vincent: please note that if you use rollback, then the sequence numbers are still lost. Once used, you can not use a sequence number again, even if you rollback the transaction. So, even if you use "no cache", you'll most likely find some gaps in the numbering anyway!

Arjan. Received on Tue Mar 09 1999 - 11:16:53 CST