Re: Sequence nextval problem

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:44:30 -0000

I only this because I saw a similar post a couple of days ago and it resolved a query I had.

To ensure sequence values are allocated uniquely, Oracle caches a nunumber of values and allocates
them as reuired by session. If , however a session should rollback, or crash then those sequence
values are never used, so it appears as though some values have been skipped.

hope this makes sense.

Neil.