Re: ORA-1631: Unable to extend

From: <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 13:27:11 GMT

In article <7c1h7d$l24$1_at_remarQ.com>,
  <terrysutton_at_usa.net> wrote:
> It's not a tablespace problem, ora-1631 is a max # of extents error.
> Increase maxextents for your table.

I think increasing the initial extent to be large enough to hold the table is a better solution, unless, parallel or direct loads are being done. In this case since space is used and allocated differently by these processes I would allocate a small initial and a larger next for the loads.

Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --