What backup solution should i choose ?

From: Søren Klintrup <bigchief_at_aub.dk>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:40:11 +0100

Ok ... The next question in line :)

What backup solution for Oracle is the best ? - Thats an easy question to ask, and hard to answer without any knowlenge about the system the backup is going to run on...

When the database is up and running it will be quite large .. (10 gigs or more), so i installed a DLT streamer in the machine (Dual PII 400 Mhz w/512 Mbyte of RAM with UW-RAID 5), for normal backups we run Seagate backup, I've looked at the Oracle Backup Agent wich, from Seagate Softwares 6 line "teaser", looks quite ok...

but - is there any great backup software out there just dying to fall into my CD-ROM Drive ?

price is not the problem, data loss is :)

/Søren Received on Tue Mar 09 1999 - 01:40:11 CST