Re: Oracle 8.0/Personal Oracale Compatabiltiy

From: Waterman Family <waterman_at_iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:09:01 -0500

I have a good VB developer working for me who uses Personal Oracle 8 at home to develop locally. He uses Oracle Objects for OLE to connect to Personal Oracle, and he has noticed some discrepancies. The biggest one was that updateable dynasets would not update. From time to time other quirks would pop up. We don't know if it is OO4O or Personal Oracle itself, but it does show some different behavior than the server version. We've worked around the quirks, but you have to test thoroughly first.

    --Gary