Need advice on Oracle

From: Baruch <baruch_at_ats.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:50:39 -0500

Greetings:

The company I work for is considering getting an Oracle license to develop an in-house database application. We have an NT 4.0 Server running on an HP Netserver LXPro Dual Pentium Pro 200 with 64 MB memory and 4.2 GB disks. There are 35 concurrent users. We use a Frame Relay network running a fractional T1 on the server site, and 56K on remote sites. All of our workstations are Macs (mostly iMacs and Power Macs). We currently use a character-based system, and considering to revamp that in Oracle.

  1. What version of Oracle fits our configuration?
  2. How much would it cost to purchase an Oracle license that would enable me to develop applications and distribute them on unlimited number of workstations?
  3. Where to get the best training in Oracle?
  4. Is my hardware/network configuration adequate, or does it need an upgrage?

If you happen to know the answers to the above questions and have few moments to spare, I would appreciate to hear from you.

Thanks,

Baruch
baruch_at_ats.org Received on Mon Mar 08 1999 - 14:50:39 CST