Know of any programming design tool?

From: Mir <mqader_at_students.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 12:54:33 -0600

Know of any programming design tool?

I am looking for a tool to do programming designs and then to generate code (some actual - VB, C++, Java etc... - some pseudocode) off of it. I am right now starting to use Visio, but I don't know if it can do what I am thinking of. I kind of want something to do action diagrams that builds up with "drill down" ability. Since I would be paying for this myself, price is definitely a constraint.

i.e.,

IF X = 1 THEN

	Action 1
	CALL Procedure Z(a,b,c) // At this point the design tool could

// drill down to the contents of
// Procedure Z and so on...
ELSEIF X = 2 THEN Action 2 ELSEIF X = 3 THEN CASE Y = A: Var1 = F_xyz(X) // Call and drill down to Function CASE Y = B: Do something else END CASE

END IF Thanks in advance for any help.
-Mir. Received on Mon Mar 08 1999 - 12:54:33 CST