ORA-1631: Unable to extend

From: <sriviswa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:37:03 GMT

I have a tablespace of 300 mb (1 datafile). There are about 350 tables (none having any rows). We tried to load data (130000 rows X 2500 bytes max row length) into a new table that was created with 10mb initial extent and a next of 1mb. Ran into ORA-1631 at 82000 rows. Recreated the table with 50mb initial extent with 1mb next extent. This time ... we blew up at 22000 rows.  Tried again with 25 mb initial and 1 mb next. 32000 rows and boom. The tblspace has 733 fragments. Just last week I truncated all tables to free up allocation. Any idea how to fix this problem and make it work.

The tablespace shows a utilization of 9% (25 mb) and has 277mb free. We estimated the total data load to take up about 120 mb as many of the columns are varchar2s and have no data in them.

Thanks,

Srini.